This program equips nursing students with needed entry-level leadership and management skills. The virtual preceptorship is designed to help students integrate knowledge about the activities, roles, and responsibilities of nurse managers/leaders and to enable students to practice conceptual, technical and interpersonal management and leadership skills.
After Completion, Students will be able to perform the following:
- Compare and contrast nursing leadership and nursing management.
- Explore the organizational context in which nursing leaders/managers function.
- Discuss the skills required by nurse managers/ leaders to create an effective work environment.
- Practice selected management/ leadership skills through a virtual preceptorship experience
- Applicants must have completed a Diploma/Degree in nursing and should be registered with the Nursing Council of their country of education.
- Copy of CNO Letter of Assessment
- Resume/CV outlining previous nursing education and practice;
- Eligibility to study in Canada (i.e. Canadian citizenship, permanent residents, study permit).