Introduction to SQL Databases course is aimed at people looking to move into a database professional role or whose job role is expanding to encompass database elements. The course describes fundamental database concepts including database types, database languages, and database designs.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key database concepts in the context of SQL Server.
- Understand and describe database languages used in SQL Server.
- Various data modeling techniques.
- Normalization and De-normalization techniques.
- Describe relationship types and effects in database design.
- Effects of database design on performance.
- Describe commonly used database objects.