In this course, students will develop the knowledge and skills needed to conduct a comprehensive health assessment of clients in all health care settings. Topics emphasized will include communication techniques, assessment, health history taking techniques, health promotion techniques, clinical decision making, and systematic physical examination. The course will focus on skills inspection, palpation, percussion, and auscultation.
After Completion, Students will be able to perform the following:
- Perform a relevant physical examination based on assessment findings and specific client characteristics.
- Identify developmental and cultural considerations in the performance of complete and focused health history.
- Describe and document a complete and focused health history
- Explain the components of a physical examination for each body system
Demonstrate client teaching and health promotion activities
- Applicants must have completed a Diploma/Degree in nursing and should be registered with the Nursing Council of their country of education.
- Copy of CNO Letter of Assessment
- Resume/CV outlining previous nursing education and practice;
- Eligibility to study in Canada (i.e. Canadian citizenship, permanent residents, study permit).