After completing the course, students should be able to:
- Develop an in-depth, theoretical understanding of network security principles as well as the tools and configurations available.
- Design, implement and support network security.
- Develop critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
- Provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills.
- Emphasize core security technologies, the installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices
- Develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats.