Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure course imparts skills and knowledge to manage and maintain SQL Server databases. This course will teach candidates various aspects of operating a SQL database, including authentication, ensuring integrity and security of data, managing permissions to access resources, importing and exporting data, backup, and restore among others.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Authenticate and authorize users
- Assign server and database roles
- Protect data with encryption and auditing
- Describe recovery models and backup strategies
- Backup and Restore SQL Server databases
- Automate database management
- Configure security for the SQL Server agent
- Manage alerts and notifications
- Managing SQL Server using PowerShell
- Monitor a SQL Server infrastructure
- Troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure
- Import and export data
- Must have knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Must have knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design