The course prepares for CompTIA A+ Certification Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002. Students will obtain the knowledge and skills to install, upgrade, repair, assemble, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance on basic personal computer hardware and operating systems. CompTIA A+ certification is an essential credential for those looking to enter the IT industry.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the hardware components of a computer.
- Identify the basic components and functions of an operating system.
- Identify the operational procedures that should be followed by PC technicians.
- Identify and configure peripheral components.
- Manage system components.
- Identify and configure operating systems.
- Identify the hardware and software requirements for custom client environments.
- Identify network technologies.
- Identify, configure, and maintain SOHO networks.
- Support laptops.
- Configure mobile computing devices.
- Support printers.
- Implement concepts and techniques used to secure computing devices and environments.
- Troubleshoot hardware components.
- Must have basic computer literacy